05 May 2015

The Best of Intentions

In the month of April, friend Amelia posted every day on her blog, and it was lovely. I know lots of folks who keep a schedule for writing blogs, or articles, or whathaveyou, and I always have lots of grand plans. I have notebooks and scribbles and ideas, but the follow-through? All the reasons people have for not writing are all the reasons that hamstring me. I have a lot of intentions, but nothing ever seems right.

Today, somebody called my writing--not anything significant or public, just some internal commentary for a thing--incisive. It sent a thrill down my spine, the reminder that people like how I write, and even more, that I like how I write. So maybe I'll try this blog-every-day thing, even though I'm four days behind. I'll try some stuff, even if it's never as developed as I want. Get it out there, right?

In other news, I screencapped my Evernote list of books to read (yet another document or program or app or scribble that indicates all the books I aspire to consume). I meant to say something about them, but I think I'll just leave this snippet as it is.

No comments: